Established in 2002 as Citrus Lounge Limited, we have been building, hosting and managing software applications for the training and education sectors since we opened our doors.
It’s our mission to replace paperwork with technology. Our dedicated team of software developers works closely with colleges, training providers, councils, private organisations and Early Years professionals to develop the latest innovations in paperless technology.
Our company has already been endorsed and accredited by a wide range of awarding bodies. Our flagship eportfolio helps organisations achieve Ofsted ‘Outstanding’, and our systems have become a reliable part of the UK education and training sector.
- Our MD, Chris Whalley, established Citrus Lounge Limited. We went on to win contracts with Manchester Training and Enterprise Council, Manchester City Council and various private enterprises.
- By 2005, we’d spotted a gap in the vocational education sector for simplified technology that eradicated paperwork. The OneFile eportfolio was born.
- We welcomed our very first further education customer, Weston College in Somerset.
- OneFile was endorsed by City & Guilds, a global leader in skills development.
- After almost a decade of growth, we were bursting out of our offices, so Citrus Lounge found a new home at One Central Park, Manchester – still our current base.
- EDI, Edexcel and OCR followed City & Guilds’ example with their endorsement of the OneFile eportfolio.
- OneFile became the most used eportfolio in the UK, a position we still hold.
- Our uploader app was released, innovatively allowing assessors and learners to upload evidence from their mobile devices to their eportfolio.
- OneFile went global, securing our first overseas customer in Dubai.
- We introduced a designated account manager for each OneFile account, ensuring every client benefits from reliable, consistent and high quality service.
- We were finalist at the National Business Awards in the SME category.
- More nominations followed, and we were shortlisted as a finalist for the Software Satisfaction Award 2012 in the document management category.
- Committed to supporting our local community, a Citrus Lounge team showed their mettle in the Moston Brook Fun Run.
- We proved we’re more than just software specialists by running the Manchester Marathon for charity.
- Not content with running our socks off for a good cause, we decided to cycle them off too, taking part in a 100-mile charity bike ride.
- Our first IT apprentice joined the team!
- Citrus Lounge was accepted on to the prestigious Goldman Sachs 10ksb business growth programme.
- We proudly received the Bronze Award from the Manchester City Council Environmental Business Pledge, recognising our community social responsibility and environmental support.
- As our pledge to environmental awareness continued, we quickly upgraded our Bronze Award to Silver.
- By the end of 2012, we had welcomed our 20th member of staff.
- Our second product, OneFile Form Designer, was launched, enabling administrative staff, managers and child-minders to easily capture essential enrolment data.
- The Citrus Lounge team continued to grow as we welcomed a further 10 employees.
- We took to the road on our very first OneFile National Roadshow. We toured the UK meeting customers and demonstrating the benefits of OneFile.
- Another success for the company and community at the annual Moston Brook Fun Day.
- Our OneFile offline app was a finalist at the Big Chip Awards for the Best Application of Technology.
- Research and development began for our latest innovation - OneFile Learning Journal, an observation and tracking software for Early Years Foundation Stage.
- We took our charity work to the Manchester Velodrome and raised £500, with the team cycling 81.39 miles!
- We officially changed our name from Citrus Lounge to OneFile Ltd, a testament to the reputation and recognition of our flagship eportfolio.
- The official pilots for OneFile Learning Journal began, with interest quickly gathering from overseas and large nursery chains.
- OneFile secured Investors in People accreditation in recognition of our success and development as a company.
- Onefile Ltd was finalist in two categories at the National Business Awards 2014.
- A decade of success! OneFile celebrated 10 years of innovative and creative work in February!
- We put our manpower together to show our support and raise some money for the local community with a Summer Fun Day at Moston Brook.
- With more talented additions joining the team, the OneFile employee count hit 60!
- OneFile released an innovative solution for the competency management market at an event in Abu Dhabi.
- Sales Director, Susanna Lawson, presented OneFile to the US market at the Transatlantic Apprenticeship Exchange Forum in October. Attendees included the State Senator of Maryland, Representatives from American Association Community Colleges and many more.
- OneFile was delighted to win the Customer Service Excellence award at the North of England Excellence Awards held in Leeds in November.
- OneFile achieved ISO 9001 accreditation from the Centre for Assessment.
- OneFile received the Customer Service Excellence accreditation.
- Another great achievement, OneFile was announced as a finalist at the Nursery World awards.